2012年6月24日星期日

Scaffolding in the eyes of construction worker

Several years ago, when I was still a child, we hired some construction workers to build our new house. Since I was a lively and naughty girl, I loved to talk to the workers and see them building. In my eyes, it was a magical thing that the simple bricks and cement could become a house. To my surprise, they started to build some scaffolding towers instead of building our house with the bricks and cement and so on. I tried to ask the workers. But he laughed and advised that I shouldn't stayed in the construction site for the sake of my safety.+

He told me that, what they were building now is called scaffolding. It was a temporary structure that was widely used in construction sites. It could help them to reach to the wanted height to accomplish their task. And, he said, it provided them a more safe and convenient work condition. "Hi, kid, can you reach the that height? He pointed to the top of our old house. "Sorry uncle, I think I can't do it because it is to high" I said. He laughed again and said:" girl, actually I , even no one can reach the top of the house. But now, with the scaffolding I can. You can see me in a more and more great height with the construction needs." From his words, I got a lot about the Post Shores . And he
asked me not to play in the construction site, since it was not safe. It was common that there would be something falling. And it would risk the safety of workers and passers-by. He said this was why they were asked to wear a helmet when they were in construction site.
In the following days, they cleaned the ground where the scaffolding should be placed. And they used the hammer to tamp the groud with great strenth. I finally got to know that they should select a hard and level place to build the scaffolding tower. It was done in case of the scaffolding collapse. And, it was true that they worn the helmets everyday.
Three months later, the construction worker was really reach the top of our new house. He stood steady on the scaffolding deck. "Kid, I am here in the top of the house, right?" He laughed. Yes, he was there. With the help of the Scaffolding Towers , they accomplished their construction work and presented us a new beautiful house.

2 条评论:

  1. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. And I agree with you post that its a eye of construction worker.

    aluminium scaffold services by synergy

    回复删除
  2. Great information..Thanks for posting.
    We provides a best scaffold to all industries with the wide range of sizes from industrial building, towers to large scale applications.
    Garbage chute saskatchewan
    Scaffolding contractor thompson

    回复删除